Southend Central Area Action Plan (SCAAP) Preferred Approach 2015
Representation ID: 2031
Respondent: Capita Property and Infrastructure
Agent: Genesis Housing
The SCAAP preferred approach is supported. However, Capita P&I and Genesis consider that the OS11 site does not extend far enough, and that the adjacent Genesis site at Baxter Avenue should be incorporated within the OS11 site boundary. There are several reasons as to why, these are all explored in the supporting document. These considerations are:
* The overall shortfall in housing supply and how the development of the site can help deliver the target;
* The policy compliance of the proposal;
* The removal of low quality housing;
* Given the area of the site, a coherent regeneration masterplan approach should be adopted in accordance with OS11;
* The site is well positioned on an access vista and therefore well located for a housing led regeneration initiative.
The site is available, achievable and deliverable.
The redevelopment of the site would allow for the residential density of the site to be optimised, whilst also providing a quality mixed use development with active frontages.