Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
Regulation 123 Infrastructure List (Draft)
Types of infrastructure to be funded in whole or part by CIL:
- Schools, other educational facilities and employment schemes (excluding any facility/provision that will primarily meet demand arising directly from a large site)
- Health, social wellbeing and emergency services (excluding any facility that will primarily meet demand arising directly from a large site)
- Utility infrastructure except where related to a specific site
- Highway and public transport improvements except where related to site specific mitigation or demand directly arising from a site
- Flood defences and management of unstable land excluding any local and site specific mitigation measures to ensure a development meets national requirements
- Waste facilities excluding any site specific mitigation measures
- Social and community facilities (excluding any facility that will primarily meet demand arising directly from a large site)
- Leisure and recreational facilities (excluding any facility that will primarily meet demand arising directly from a large site)
- Green infrastructure and open space/public realm except where mitigating for the loss of existing provision or primarily meeting demand arising directly from a large site
NOTE: This list is subject to amendment in accordance with the provisions of the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended).
NOTE: This draft Regulation 123 Infrastructure List is likely to be re-drafted during the CIL consultation process so that reference is made to specific items of infrastructure or infrastructure projects when further discussions have been had regarding infrastructure priorities and CIL governance arrangements.